Pampering skin, hair and feet before you sleep are good wellness habits. When it comes to your skin, we all know it needs a little more attention. That also includes a separate AM-PM routine to ensure a youthful glow for as long as possible. If you’re someone who likes to indulge in skin care before you hit the sack, try a homemade night cream!
Ditch market-bought products for once and use natural ingredients to make these DIY night creams for glowing skin. It makes sense to follow a night skincare routine as the skin is not exposed to dust, heat, sunlight, all of which play havoc with its health overtime.
Come, let us find out how to make a night cream at home
1. Aloe vera gel night cream
As you can tell from its very basic ingredient, aloe vera, this night cream will nourish your skin overnight. Light in nature, this cream is also laced with the benefits of almond oil for skin. How does it help? Well, it can help to reduce blemishes from your skin. The presence of rose water in this cream can also add glow to your skin.
The best way to use this cream is to apply it once you’ve washed your face at night. Take a small amount of the night cream and massage it in circular motion for at least 2 minutes.
Ho to make aloe vera night cream
All you need is aloe vera gel (2 to 3 tsp), rose water (1 to 2 tsp), almond oil (1 tsp), lavender oil (7-8 drops)
* Take a bowl and add aloe vera gel and rose water to it.
* Add in a teaspoon of almond oil in it and a few drops of lavender oil. Mix well.
* The night cream is ready!
* Store it in a container and refrigerate it!
2. Rose water and cocoa butter night cream
Rose water is one of the most loved face topics! It’s not just refreshing because of its natural toning properties, but fragrant too. When you add a dash of cocoa butter in it, this night cream mixture will give your skin proper hydration and miniaturization.
This night cream also comes with the goodness of almond oil, which can reduce spots. If you have dry skin, go for this one!
How to make rose water and cocoa night cream
For this DIY night cream for glowing skin, you need cocoa butter (2 tsp), rose water (2 to 3 tsp), honey (1 tsp) and almond oil (1 tsp)
* Once you have the ingredients together, take a vessel.
* Add cocoa butter and almond oil in it and heat it on low flame.
* Cool down the mix.
* Once it cools down, add honey and rose water.
* Voila! Your cream is ready to be put in a container, and refrigerated
Just as you would and should apply any moisturizer, apply this right after you wash your face before you sleep and pat dry!